What happens if the code server crashes?

Tony Arcieri tony@REDACTED
Sat Nov 28 21:09:35 CET 2009

I'm working on my own language implementation on top of Erlang, and have
something akin to my own code server (which proxies to the Erlang code
server).

I'm curious what the proper thing to do is if my code server crashes, so I
thought I could take a lesson from how Erlang handles it.

What does Erlang do when a bug in the code server is encountered?  Does it
bring down the entire VM?  Is the state of all loaded modules persisted
somewhere so the code server can restart and recover somehow?

--
Tony Arcieri
Medioh/Nagravision