[erlang-questions] Possible hostname handling bug in node handshake procedure?

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Tue Nov 24 10:26:46 CET 2009

Greetings,

What are your ideas about both parts of the node name? Should they be
case insensitive or just the host name part?

Consider the node aA@REDACTED

It might be confusing to have
net_adm:ping(aA@REDACTED) => pong
but then get
net_adm:ping(aa@REDACTED) => pang

So we probably should have case insensitivity here. But then we have to
explain why aA =:= aa is false in all the rest of the code.

Perhaps this is a problem only for me.

bengt