[erlang-questions] package namespaces question

Enrique Marcote mpquique@REDACTED
Wed Nov 11 10:54:58 CET 2009

Hola Angel:

Importing every module explicitly is not the worse thing, actually is even good, and besides that, the alternative (dot notation) is awful.  Be warned that tools like dialyzer do not support packages.  In our organization dialyzer is a fundamental tool and we prefer to sacrifice packages.

I'm afraid that in the current state, packages will give you more headache than benefits. You may consider using a flat name space and agree on a prefix for every app.  In your example you could do something like:

gui.erl (for the application).
gui_sup.erl (supervisor).
gui_top_pane.erl
and so on.

It's not the nicest thing, but probably more convenient for the time being.

Saludos,

Enrique