[erlang-questions] Xapian linked-in/port driver for Erlang?

Robert Raschke rtrlists@REDACTED
Wed Nov 4 18:45:53 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Jarrod Roberson <jarrod@REDACTED>wrote:

> Has anyone worked on a linked-in/port driver for Xapian ( full text indexer
> written in C++ ).
> Is anyone interested in working on such a thing? I really think Erlang
> would
> be a perfect network front end for Xapian.
> I have a Python/Twisted server that front ends Xapian, but I want it to
> scale better and Erlang will do that well.

Ooooh, yes, I've been toying with that idea for some time now, but never had
the time.

I don't have much spare time, but would be happy to pitch in if I do. I'm
not a fan of linked in drivers, I much prefer port programs. When a port
program crashes, there's soo much less damage.

Robby