[erlang-questions] yaws mixing up requests?

Christian chsu79@REDACTED
Sat May 30 14:50:01 CEST 2009

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 14:22, Francesco Cesarini (Erlang Training and
Consulting) <francesco@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> a couple of years ago probably means you were running R11? Do you recall
> what version of Erlang you were using? Was the mixup happening under heavy
> load, or under normal circumstances? While it is fairly easy to reproduce,
> we are seeing the problem only under relatively high loads.

It happened under very low load, me as a single user during
development, and the page having maybe a ten to twenty resources to
load (css, images, scripts). I always assumed the http client didnt
have protocols inside that selective receive for the right reply could
work well enough on. Didnt look much into it since i worked around it
in other ugly ways, and nowday favour ibrowse over the otp http
client.

Another source of failure to inspect for you guys is that yaws
actually reuses processes. Maybe things can leak between requests in
the process registry, or in the process mailbox.