[erlang-questions] how to scale into the cloud using process? example computing simple average

Kid Erlang kiderlang@REDACTED
Tue May 26 08:01:35 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 2:26 AM, Bengt Kleberg
<bengt.kleberg@REDACTED>wrote:

> The return value of spawn/1 is the (Erlang) process identity. If you
> want data from a process you have to send it (using !) and receive it
> (using receive).

okay I have rewrite my project to use receive with spawn, but I still do not
get how to handle errors?  especially in the cloud?

> It would be a good idea to read one of the Erlang books or the online
> documentation.

what book is best for me to read?  and I cannot find online documentation
for how to use spawn + receive + messages to scale into the cloud?

that is my main worry: say I have something that uses spawn + receive +
messages.  how do I make it scale into the cloud?  where can I find online
documentation on this?  i want my erlang program to run on as many systems
as I need it to for however many users.  how do I do that?

- Kid Erlang