[erlang-questions] analysis of my architecture

info info@REDACTED
Tue May 19 01:27:15 CEST 2009

Hi all,
Newbie with Erlang I don't master (yet) this language.
Because of this, I would like to submit you an architecture and I hope to receive a feedback from you.

A multi-server multi-protocol application

Rules:
- At each server (server_A, server_B,...) is associated one port and one applicative protocol.
- On each server could be connected several clients using the applicative protocol.
- After analysis (syntax, semantic) of the messages sent by the client, one row will be inserted into
the mySQL database.
- Each module, servers, process can write a message into a log (alert, warning, etc.).
- Each one can run on a different machine.
- The database will be redundant.
- the application will run 24x24 7x7.

                 +----------------+
                   |  Application    |
                 +--------+-------+

                 +--------+--------+
                 | Application_sup |
                 +--------+--------+
                               | (one_for_one)
           +----------------+---+----------------------+
             |                               |                                  |
 +-------+------+     +-------+---------+     +------+------+
 +--------------+     +-----------------+      +-------------+
                                                                                |  (one_for_one)
                                                          +------------+-+---------------+
                                                           |                      |                        |
                                                 +----+-----+   +----+-----+     +----+-----+
                                                 | server_A   |   +  server_B |   ... | server_Z  |
                                                 +----+-----+   +----+-----+     +----+-----+
                                                          |                      |                         |
                                   (one_for_one) |                      ...                     ...
                              +----------------+-------+
                 +-------+-----+              +-------+--------+
                  | tcp_listener  |               +  tcp_client_sup |
                                                       |   tcp_client        |+

Does my architecture coherent with the OTP model ?
Could my architecture be better ? how ?
How to add one "server branch" without stopping the application ?