[erlang-questions] erlang-gttext only looking for ?TXT macros?

Dmitrii Dimandt <>
Mon May 11 22:24:07 CEST 2009

>> This is a very strange behavior I've observed in gettext.
>> From the tutorial:
>> In order to create the initial PO file, run the Makefile in the
>> directory, that the directories that should be processed, i.e where
>> there are code containing ?TXT macros.
>> And that's all gettext processes — ?TXT macros. Does it mean that I
>> have to only use ?TXT macros and then go through the code and
>> change them to ?TXT2, ?FTXT etc manually?
>> Is there a way to make erlang_gettext process these macros as well?

Ok, I've gotten to the bottom of this. Sort of...

?TXT2("other string", "en")

turns into something like

                [{string,39,"other string"},{string,39,"en"}]}

which somehow doesn't get matched by pt/3 in gettext_compile.erl