[erlang-questions] the supervisor_bridge behaviour

Gamoto gamoto@REDACTED
Thu May 7 12:37:14 CEST 2009

Hi Bengt,
No it is not clearer !

I don't have an existing application. I am building it and I don't know which kind of behaviour I must put.
That would say, I have no reason to use supervisor_bridge ?

I want to supervise several "client-server" processes, each one specialized for one protocol.
I use gen_tcp primitives (listen,accept,recv,send,close) , not gen_server.

I try to explain my structure: you can correct it of course !
main_supervisor supervises the client-server processes (called SRV later), one for one strategy, behaviour = supervisor
If one SRV hangs, the other one shall not be disturbed.
One SRV can receive several connection from several clients. If one socket hangs, the other one shall not be disturbed.
I suppose that the SRV is also a supervisor of processes.
SRV manages the listen primitive. For each accept, a process (called P later) is created to manage the recv/send primitives.

And now I am lost. Behaviour of SRV ? addition or not of an supervisor between SRV and the  P processes ? if yes, behaviour ? why ?

John

The documentation on internet is very limited on this subject ...