[erlang-questions] FW: Any wisdom to offer on "tagged return values"

David Mercer dmercer@REDACTED
Wed May 6 19:24:59 CEST 2009

You could always extract the element you want of a tuple using element/2
thus allowing chaining.  E.g.:

	element(2, {ok,_} = dict:find(...))

which is roughly equivalent to dict:fetch/2.

Less pretty, but a work-around...