[erlang-questions] making http client close connections

Joel Reymont <>
Tue Jun 9 22:56:54 CEST 2009

The connection I'm trying to close on the client side is a long-poll
connection. I cannot use Connection: close in the headers of the
request that establishes it since that will cause the connection to
close, i.e. stop being long-poll.

On Jun 9, 2009, at 9:12 PM, Oscar Hellström wrote:

> Hi Joel,
> What I meant was to send the Connection: close in the *headers* of
> the *request*... That signals that the *client* isn't prepared to
> continue to use the connection after the request/response.
> To make it a bit more clear, you could read this:
> http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.10
> IIRC inets will notice this, and will close the connection.
> Otherwise, have you tried to use {version, "HTTP/1.1"} as on
> HTTPOption?

Mac hacker with a performance bent