[erlang-questions] Versioned variable names

Bryan Fink bryan.fink@REDACTED
Tue Jun 9 19:15:46 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Attila Rajmund
Nohl<attila.r.nohl@REDACTED> wrote:
> ... it wasn't possible to easily nest the whole into one call, but
> that would be still ugly

I like Paul's suggestion of using lists:foldl/3, but I have to contest
the assertion that nesting this whole call is ugly.  I don't see the
ugliness in:

sanitize(MO) ->
    ensure_hyphen(
      re:replace(
        toupper(re:replace(MO, "_", "-", [{return, list}, global])),
        "RX0", "RXO", [{return, list}, global])).

ensure_hyphen(MO) ->
    case re:run(MO, "-", [{capture, none}]) of
        nomatch -> insert_hyphen(MO);
        match   -> MO
    end.

-Bryan