[erlang-questions] erlang improvement - objective c (or smalltalk) syntax

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Fri Jun 5 09:46:02 CEST 2009

Greetings,

The drawback with
string:substring_string_start_length(S, X, J)
is that you might still have made a mistake. If/When
string:substring(string:S, start:X, length:J)
is introduced the compiler will put things in the correct position.
It could also make sure that the function (ought to) exist, at least for
OTP functions. That would be nice. The number of times I have written
lists:length/1 is embarrassing.

bengt