Distel

mats cronqvist masse@REDACTED
Thu Jun 4 18:06:41 CEST 2009

Robert Dionne <dionne@REDACTED> writes:

> Are there any Distel users out here?

  Hi!

> If so have you used the "who calls" functionality successfully?

  Daily.

> I'm working off a GitHub version of Distel [1] using Aquamacs on OS X
> 10.4 with Erlang R13B Everything else works fine, debugger. Meta-.,
> etc.. I wasn't even aware "who calls" was supported as it's not in the
> info file.

  you mean the texi file? a few years of out of date... the README file
  is more updated.

> Any pointers, clues, great appreciated.

  there is a "*trace bla@REDACTED*" buffer.

  should contain something like;

 >> REG_SEND: [TYPE erl-pid distel_4001@REDACTED 4 0 0] rex [[TYPE
    erl-pid distel_4001@REDACTED 4 0 0] [call distel rpc_entry (distel
    who_calls (mod fun 1)) [TYPE erl-pid distel_4001@REDACTED 1 0 0]]]

 << SEND: [TYPE erl-pid distel_4001@REDACTED 4 0 0]
    [rex (["x" "y" 4 61] ["a" "b" 4 62])]

  you can also try running  distel:who_calls(M,F,A) in the erl shell.

  mats