[erlang-questions] First Erlang experiences- not so good

Dave Smith dave.smith.to@REDACTED
Thu Sep 25 20:57:08 CEST 2008

The Erlang source code files are assumed to be Latin-1 (ISO-8859-1).  This
is well documented. The problem, as explained by Toby, is that the
*editor*you are using is writing the file in  UTF-16(probably) .  So
you either need
to use another editor or configure the one you have to write Latin-1.

This is also *not* a problem with the Windows version of Erlang; you would
get the same result if you compiled your UTF-16 source on linux, etc.

It is very unusual to store source code for any programming language in
UTF-16.  What editor are you using?

-DS