[erlang-questions] custom supervisor

Serge Aleynikov saleyn@REDACTED
Thu Sep 25 16:04:24 CEST 2008

I've also always been using this "middle-man" approach, where the parent
supervisor has a restart strategy with {MaxRestarts, MaxTime} = {0, 1},
and the childspec spawns a linked process that actually acts as a
"supervisor" for its linked child(ren).  This is very similar to what
supervisor_bridge behavior is.

You can see an example of such a supervisor that allows scheduled
execution of tasks here:
http://forum.trapexit.org/viewtopic.php?p=44147#44147

Serge