[erlang-questions] Timezone calculations

Juan Jose Comellas juanjo@REDACTED
Thu Sep 18 21:18:04 CEST 2008

I need to perform time calculations based on arbitrary (user-supplied)
timezones and I haven't found anything in Erlang/OTP that lets me determine
the offset (in minutes or seconds) that a timezone has against UTC. The
calendar module only supports converting times from UTC into the local
timezone and the other way around, but what if what I want is to convert a
time to another timezone that is not my local one?

I'd prefer a portable solution, but even if there is an easy way to access
the Olson/zoneinfo tz database on Linux that would be acceptable.

Thanks.