[erlang-questions] Does Mnesia table fragmentation still support in the furture version?

Chandru chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Tue Mar 4 11:14:31 CET 2008

On 04/03/2008, tatezhou@REDACTED <tatezhou@REDACTED> wrote:
> I've checked the latest version of document , i found out that chapter about  mnesia table fragmentation (chapter 5.3.1 ) is out of date.
>
>  Acctually , mnesia module doesn't have function change_table_frag /4 which introduced in the example of how an existing Mnesia table is converted to be a fragmented table in chapter 5.3.1.

I just checked the documentation and the example only invoked
mnesia:change_table_frag/2, not change_table_frag/4. Are you sure you
are reading it correctly? And mnesia:change_table_frag/2 does exist.

It is true that change_table_frag/2 is not documented in the reference
manual, but the stuff in the user manual should be enough to get the
job done.

>  So i worried that the Mnesia Table Fragmentation technology is  deprecated or lacking maintenance. Anyone have more staff about table fragmentation technology?

Just the documentation needs a bit more work. If you ask me, the best
way is to fire up the shell and try out creating and using a
fragmented table.

There is this article which explains things a bit more:
http://www.trapexit.org/Mnesia_Table_Fragmentation

cheers
Chandru