[erlang-questions] Does Mnesia table fragmentation still support in the furture version?

Chandru chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Tue Mar 4 10:14:20 CET 2008

On 04/03/2008, tatezhou@REDACTED <tatezhou@REDACTED> wrote:

> hello:
>
> My server wrote in erlang  need to  handle a large set of data in mnesia
> database (more than 2G), i use the mnesia table fragmentation to conver it.
> There is a few staff on the internet and online documents about mnesia table
> fragmentation.  does anyone give me some hits about how to get  infomation
> this?

Have you seen this? http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/mnesia/part_frame.html
Section 5.3 explains table fragmentation.

> does mnesia table fragmentation is the standard or recommanded technology
> for handle this situaction? Does it will support in furture verion of
> erlang?

Yes - table fragmentation is recommended to handle large datasets. I'm
banking on the fact that table fragmentation will be supported into
the future. We use it extensively in T-Mobile UK.

cheers
Chandru