[erlang-questions] Slave nodes without proxied I/O?

Nicolas Charpentier nc@REDACTED
Tue Jun 24 20:24:42 CEST 2008

Nicolas Niclausse wrote:
> David King ecrivait le 01.05.2008 20:34:
>>> By default, nodes started as slave nodes with slave:start/1 have their
>>> I/O proxied through the master node that started them. (That is, I/O
>>> operations done with the 'file' module are done on the master's
>>> filesystem, not the slaves').
>>> Is there any way to turn this off?

> I'm having the same problem as you: i want to start a slave without
> proxied I/O.
>
> After some digging, i discover that you only have to remove the "-master
> node()" argument in the mk_cmd fun to do that (slave.erl module).

Hi,

Just a question.
I might be wrong but I have always thought that I/O was proxied because
they (master and slave nodes) was sharing the same  group_leader.
If I'm right, we might be able to change the group_leader of processes
on the slave node.

Regards,
Nicolas  Charpentier