[erlang-questions] Slave nodes without proxied I/O?

Nicolas Niclausse nicolas@REDACTED
Tue Jun 24 13:53:38 CEST 2008

David King ecrivait le 01.05.2008 20:34:
>> By default, nodes started as slave nodes with slave:start/1 have their
>> I/O proxied through the master node that started them. (That is, I/O
>> operations done with the 'file' module are done on the master's
>> filesystem, not the slaves').
>> Is there any way to turn this off?
>
> Given the lack of response here, I'll assume that there isn't an easy
> to to turn it off.

I'm having the same problem as you: i want to start a slave without
proxied I/O.

After some digging, i discover that you only have to remove the "-master
node()" argument in the mk_cmd fun to do that (slave.erl module).

It would be nice to add an extra argument to slave:start/start_link :

something like:

start(Host, Name, Args, ExtraArgs)

where ExtraArgs can be:[noproxy]

I can write a patch if necessary.