[erlang-questions] Slave nodes without proxied I/O?

Nicolas Niclausse nicolas@REDACTED
Fri Jun 27 12:42:32 CEST 2008

Nicolas Charpentier ecrivait le 24.06.2008 20:24:
> Nicolas Niclausse wrote:
>
>> I'm having the same problem as you: i want to start a slave without
>> proxied I/O.
>>
>> After some digging, i discover that you only have to remove the
>> "-master node()" argument in the mk_cmd fun to do that (slave.erl
>> module).

> I might be wrong but I have always thought that I/O was proxied because
> they (master and slave nodes) was sharing the same  group_leader.
> If I'm right, we might be able to change the group_leader of processes
> on the slave node.

Well, yes, the group_leader of all the process on the slave must be a
process on the first node, i guess; but how can i change this: which pid
should be the new group_leader on the slave node ?

I would be simpler to have an option to slave:start to choose the behavior
of I/O on slave nodes, imho.
--
Nicolas