[erlang-questions] Merkle trees and related things in Erlang

Justin Sheehy justin@REDACTED
Wed Jul 30 22:22:12 CEST 2008

Several people have been asking about this for a while, so I decided
to just go ahead and put it online.  The google code project at
http://code.google.com/p/distributerl/ now has vector clocks,
consistent hashing, and a Merkle tree implementation that is suitable
for dynamic trees.

The Merkle trees are somewhat different from the traditional style of
construction algorithm, because the common way to do it works very
well for the original use (digital signatures) but does not adapt
easily to trees representing data that changes incrementally over time.

The documentation is minimal but functional right now.  If anyone has
questions about this, feel free to either ask me or post to the google
group tied to the code repository.

Enjoy.

-Justin