[erlang-questions] Concurrency-related optimizations

Dominic Williams erlang@REDACTED
Mon Jan 28 22:16:37 CET 2008

Hi Jacob,

> So, this semester I have lots of time to devote to trying to make
> Erlang faster :-). My question for the general Erlang community is:
> are there any optimizations that have been considered or suggested for
> Erlang but not yet implemented? My focus is on concurrency-related
> optimization: e.g., those related to scheduling or message passing.

Great!

The first thing to come to my mind is an improvement to the
selective receive mechanism that has often been mentioned. See
the following posts from the archive for a bit of background:

http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200511/msg00154.html
http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2006-November/023999.html
http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2006-November/023969.html
http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2006-November/023979.html