[erlang-questions] [erlang-quiestions] Documentation bug or not?

Maxim Treskin zerthurd@REDACTED
Mon Dec 1 13:33:07 CET 2008

Hello

I found strange descriptions in man-files for gen_server and gen_fsm
(possible in some other manuals).

----
       start_link(Module, Args, Options) -> Result
       start_link(FsmName, Module, Args, Options) -> Result

              Types  FsmName = {local, Name} | {global, GlobalName}
                      Name = atom()
                      GlobalName = term()
----

Name and GlobalName have different types: atom() and term().
Is it right? Can I use any possible erlang term as name identifier?

--
Maxim Treskin