[erlang-questions] I want documentation of Erlang in EDoc format

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Wed Sep 5 11:40:02 CEST 2007

Hi,

We, the Erlang/OTP group at Ericsson have used SGML/XML as the source format
for documentation for 5-10 years before Edoc was introduced.

For the XML sources we have DocBuilder (part of the R11B-5
distibution) to build the doc with.

Nowadays we actually use Edoc for some of the documentation and use
a special backend to Edoc which makes it uniform with our other doc.

Edoc is not well suited for all types of documentation and it is also
a matter of
taste if you want to clutter down the source code with very long
descriptive text.

I think Edoc and our DocBuilder will grow together more and more over
time and that you will be able to mix separate documentation files and
documentation embedded in the source code more seamlessly and with a
common markup.

/Kenneth (Erlang/OTP group at Ericsson)