[erlang-questions] Re strict epmd to one IP address?

Maximillian Dornseif <>
Wed Oct 31 08:08:32 CET 2007

nindeu wrote:
>> > Just searched a while for an option to bind epmd to a specific IP
>> address. On my system it binds to all available IP addresses.

> But what I need most is a way to make epmd listen on only a specified IP
> address on a server with more than one. Currently it listens on
> which means it listens on all configured interfaces.

If you use FreeBSD you could use jail(8) to restrict epmd to a single
Interface/IP. Something like

jail / epmdjail /usr/local/bin/epmd ....

Sent from the Erlang Questions mailing list archive at Nabble.com.