[erlang-questions] Rant: I hate parsing XML with Erlang

Zvi exta7@REDACTED
Tue Oct 23 22:56:20 CEST 2007

using IE on Windows or Firefox on Linux is actually the best way to implement
Web Automation, i.e. bot logging into website/webapp, clicking links and
buttons, etc. This way not only bad-formed HTML, but virtually any Web
technology, like cookies, javascript, AJAX, Flash, plugins,Java applets, can
be supported.
   The only problems with this approach:
1. It requires much more resources (i.e more heavyweight, than jsut HTML
parsing).
2. When running multiple firefox instances on the same node, there are canbe
security problems.
3. In server environment it should be possible to run Firefox in headless
mode (i.e. without X).

Zvi