[erlang-questions] Rant: I hate parsing XML with Erlang

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Tue Oct 23 22:01:35 CEST 2007

The point is (or was) that firefox has code to parse virtally any kind of broken
warped incomprehensable html - letting firefox figure out the "meaning" of
deeply crippled and totally incomprehensible html and then scanning the result
(the generated DOM) seems a lot easier than figuring out how to parse
crippled HTML yourself - using other stuff as components to do what they are
good at doesn't seem that crazy to me.

/Joe