[erlang-questions] Erlang release management

Christophe Romain christophe.romain@REDACTED
Fri Oct 5 10:15:31 CEST 2007

> [...] so adding a bit of additional stuff shouldn't be a problem.
> What did you have in mind?

I mean, if one can easily plug its software to an otp like module/
behavior (or whatever) automatically included by sinan at build
stage, then it will be trivial for cean to manage live code upgrade
for all sinan packaged apps.

by now, cean can package almost every contribution available. but
there is no common way for handling code upgrade. so while
applications are not developped/packaged using a defined system like
sinan, it's impossible to handle live code upgrade except calling
AppMainModule:code_change and let developers implement that function.

moreover, if packages become aware of the otp release management,
then we'll have more flexibility and ability to handle them.

what do you think about ?