[erlang-questions] QUestions about erlang

glpunzi@REDACTED glpunzi@REDACTED
Tue Nov 6 13:23:35 CET 2007

Hi all

My name is Giuseppe Luigi, and I write from Murcia, Spain.

I have experience in .NET, Delphi, VB and other languages.

Searching for better languages/enviroments to learn, I'm seeking Squeak
(Smalltalk), and discovered erlang.

The information I saw, looks nice, and I would like to know, if erlang is
a good choice for my needs.

At the moment, we want start 2 new project (well, more projects, but now
this is the most important). One, will be a Point Of Sale software, and
the other a little app to connect to a MS Access database for some
maintenance tasks, and I have some questions.

- Is erlang fast?
- How is the persistence/database connection?
- Is fully object oriented?
- What about graphical interface for the apps? and web frontend?
- PocketPC, Palm support?
- What about the community for support?
- Spanish erlang-developers?

I think this is all at the moment, but, sure, I will post some other
questions later.

Thanks for your time, and sorry for my bad english.