[erlang-questions] idea: tagging subject line in this group

Thu Nov 1 11:23:26 CET 2007

I have now configured the topic filter. Not that I will use it
because I want to do my own filtering on the client side.
But at least the topics are now defined. The default topic
filtering is to receive all messages, topic tagged or not.

Topic filtering is done by searching the Subject: line for any of
the defined topic tags. The topic tags are case insensitive,
start on a word boundary and end with a colon.

You can find the current topic definitions at your own
mailing list membership configuration page:
	http://www.erlang.org/mailman/options/erlang-questions
They are roughly as Joe suggested:

idea:     An idea you want to share and get feedback on
how:      A request for technical info
erlounge: Announce an erlounge
beginner: A beginners question
clarify:  Anyone please clarify
program:  I've written a fun program ...
ad:       An advertisement for something
job:      A job advertisement or similar
link:     Read this article it's interesting
ot:       Off topic for this mailing list, but I think many will
          find it interesting anyway

Topics may be added later, but this is something better not changed
too frequently since it may affect many members.