[erlang-questions] yaws and erlyweb startup scripting

jm jeffm@REDACTED
Sat Jun 30 05:38:48 CEST 2007

Two simple questions about using erlyweb and yaws, with I'm hoping
equally simple answers.

1) Is there a "start/boot" script that will run when yaws/erlyweb begins
where I can insert routine startup commands, eg

boot() ->
  erlydb:start(mysql, [{hostname, "127.0.0.1"},
                       {username, "username"},
                       {password, "password"},
                       {database, "mydb"}]).

I found http://progexpr.blogspot.com/2006/12/erlyweb-blog-tutorial.html
but in appears in this case that "yaws -i" is being uses and the start
module is being called manually.

2) I have yaws running as root and am developing as a normal user. If I
run an erlang shell as myself with matching cookies can I send it
commands (and which commands) to tell it to load the newly compiled code?

Jeff.