[erlang-questions] POP3 client library

Johan Bevemyr <>
Sat Jun 30 00:06:18 CEST 2007

There is a POP3 client in the yaws mail application
It  contains code for decoding emails (parsing headers and body,
unpacking attachments
and decoding), and a simple SMTP client for sending emails with
attachments. I've found it useful
in a number of applications. The down side is that the code is
undocumented :-)

A typical POP3 request is done as follows. To list all emails do

    mail:list(Server, User, Password)

and to retreive an email do

    mail:retr(Server, User, Password, Nr).

Once you've got the message you can use the various parse functions to
the email. Sending an email is done though the smtp:send(Server, From,
To, Subject, Message,
Attachments) function.