[erlang-questions] Erlang bindings for FUSE

Mattias Wadman mattias.wadman@REDACTED
Wed Jan 31 22:56:48 CET 2007

Daniel Goertzen wrote:
> I am exploring the possibility of working on Erlang bindings for FUSE
> (http://fuse.sourceforge.net/) and before I get too far I'd like to ask
> if anyone knows of any work that may have already been done in this area.

Im been experimenting with fuse binding for erlang for some time, have
done some progress but it goes quite slowly, its done on my free time.

Current status is that i have a quite working port driver (running as a
separate process) for talking to the fuse kernel module, decode/encode
of the protocol, various help modules for dealing with errnos (to map
errno atoms to numbers) etc.
Just starting to think about/write the equivalent of fuse_lowlevel.c and
fuse.c.

My approach is to use libfuse only for mounting and get a open fd to the
fuse device and then do all communication directly from erlang. The
libfuse highlevel API (which most other bindings uses) is either
non-concurrent or uses posix threads for concurrency, which i think
would be bad.

I have no public source repository yet, so just ask and i will send you
(or anyone else interested?) a snapshot.

-Mattias