[erlang-questions] PostgreSQL driver (YC)

YC yinso.chen@REDACTED
Mon Dec 3 23:21:49 CET 2007

On Dec 3, 2007 8:42 AM, Ingela Anderton Andin <ingela@REDACTED>
wrote:

> > If the drivers on linux for psql  are slow is not really an Erlang
> > problem, but of course it
> > can make that option a non interesting one.

Is that what the error port_exit means in
http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2007-October/029787.htmland
http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2007-November/030813.html?
The port appears to close quickly so I can't tell whether it's a speed
issue.

> > True, it is also true that odbc is a quite small application and as
> > Erlang/OTP is open source it should
> > not be too hard for some one really interested in the odbc application
> > to make a patch suggestion where
> > all types are supported, if they do not want to wait for us to find  the
> > time make it complete. Of course
> > we think it would be a good idea to make it complete but we can alas not
> > clone our selfs and the stuff
> > someone pays  us to do will always get highest priority, that just how
> > it works.

I understand prioritization well (and thanks for putting out such an
excellent product) and I am by no means suggesting anything other than the
fact that OTP odbc is not complete as it stands today.  If my erlang and
driver skills are better I would have gone ahead and help with patching, but
at this time I can only wait for either others with deeper skills to take
interest in this effort, or when my own becomes better ;)

BR,
yc