[erlang-questions] PostgreSQL driver (YC)

Ingela Anderton Andin ingela@REDACTED
Mon Dec 3 17:42:51 CET 2007

>>  The combo of odbc + psql + linux
>> seem to have issues,

If the drivers on linux for psql  are slow is not really an Erlang
problem, but of course it
can make that option a non interesting one.

>> and apparently ODBC is low priority due to lack of
>> funding.  See http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2007-October/029744.html

True, it is also true that odbc is a quite small application and as
Erlang/OTP is open source it should
not be too hard for some one really interested in the odbc application
to make a patch suggestion where
all types are supported, if they do not want to wait for us to find  the
time make it complete. Of course
we think it would be a good idea to make it complete but we can alas not
clone our selfs and the stuff
someone pays  us to do will always get highest priority, that just how
it works.

Regards Ingela - OTP team