[erlang-questions] PostgreSQL driver (YC)

Ingela Anderton Andin ingela@REDACTED
Fri Dec 7 10:28:42 CET 2007

YC wrote:

> On Dec 3, 2007 8:42 AM, Ingela Anderton Andin <ingela@REDACTED
> <mailto:ingela@REDACTED>> wrote:
>

>     > If the drivers on linux for psql  are slow is not really an Erlang
>     > problem, but of course it
>     > can make that option a non interesting one.
>

> Is that what the error port_exit means in
> http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2007-October/029787.html
> and
> http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2007-November/030813.html?
> The port appears to close quickly so I can't tell whether it's a speed
> issue.
This most likely depends on the fact that the odbc-driver  you are using
is  implemented using ODBC-2.X standard and not 3.Y.
The Erlang ODBC application is designed using the version 3.0 of the
ODBC-standard, however using the option |{scrollable_cursors, off} | for
a connection has been known to make it work for at least some 2.X
drivers. Did  you  try that?

Regards Ingela - OTP team