[erlang-questions] inets for web services? (Tom Samplonius)

Tom Samplonius tom@REDACTED
Fri Apr 27 08:26:43 CEST 2007

----- "bryan rasmussen" <rasmussen.bryan@REDACTED> wrote:
> hi,
>
> well I've got a number of REST based services I should work on.
> basically one of the problems with support of HTTP in most servers is
> that Servers do not automatically reply with the correct status code
> on requests, so they rely on the programmer to write that. This is of
> course reasonable in a generic web server, but if one is going to be
> writing a number of REST based services then I think the server could
> be written to automate the sending of the proper response code
>
> cheers,
> Bryan Rasmussen

  According to the docs on mod_esi, you can build your own response headers.  If response does not begin with "\r\n\r\n", the server will build headers.

  So if you want to use 404 to indicate that your REST query function could not find a record, for instance, it looks like it would be pretty easy.

Tom