[erlang-questions] semantic tagger

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Thu Apr 26 09:57:51 CEST 2007

On 4/26/07, Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) <ulf.wiger@REDACTED> wrote:
> That wasn't too bad, but to make it a bit more interesting, I also wanted
> not only to preserve formatting, but also do a decent job on code that
> might not compile (I would not do that again, though...)

The grammar used in erlide is slightly modified from erl_parse (forms
are the top symbols; function clause headers and bodies are separate
forms, so that we can parse incomplete code) and the parse tree nodes
are including (in most cases) the position in the file of the first
and last token in the corresponding construct (so that it's easy to
find which construct a token is included in). It also includes support
for macro tokens, so that epp_dodger isn't needed.

It works, but still has some rough edges. Most needed would be to
enhance syntax_tools in a similar way so that they can be used on the
new parse trees.

regards,
Vlad