[erlang-questions] Deleting last line in the Erlang Shell

Mazen mazen@REDACTED
Wed Apr 25 16:50:42 CEST 2007

Maybe an ugly way of doing it but on top of my head you can do

io:format("r")

which will bring you back on the same line (which you can then overwrite). Don't know if the there is a special way to do it. I have never actually done an command line interactive program in Erlang myself :)

Guest wrote:
Hello,

I have a simple program that takes input via io:get_line/1 in a loop.

However, when I hit enter I would like for it to just clear the line
instead of printing a new input line. Is there any way to do this with
in the erlang shell?

Thanks!
Jordan Wilberding
(end of quote)