[erlang-questions] Tracing frameworks

Lennart Öhman <>
Fri Apr 13 11:35:45 CEST 2007

I hope inviso_tool will solve that for you.
The general idea in inviso_tool is that you specifiy your
tracing in so called trace-cases. My idea is that you shall
collect a bunch of trace cases specializing in finding certain
things out. When you later run into somekind of problem you
activate the trace cases(s) you believe will answer your
Lennart Ohman                   phone   : +46-8-587 623 27
Sjöland & Thyselius Telecom AB  cellular: +46-70-552 6735
Hälsingegatan 43, 10 tr         fax     : +46-8-667 8230
SE-113 31 STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN     email   :

Från: Vlad Dumitrescu [mailto:]
Skickat: fr 2007-04-13 11:34
Till: Lennart Öhman
Kopia: erlang-questions
Ämne: Re: [erlang-questions] Tracing frameworks

Thanks for the answer. So because my time frame is somewhat remote, I
"just" have to wait for all the wonderful additions to inviso. Cool!

What I really try to solve is a simple way to specify all the
configuration needed and to add/remove and enable/disable the tracing
(for use with ErlIDE, of course), but then I realized that the
different tools might need different approaches.

best regards,