[erlang-questions] Unreal engine

James Hague james.hague@REDACTED
Thu Apr 12 18:12:25 CEST 2007

> I think you're right. There should of course be more
> than one process per actor to start with. (:
> I also like the suggestion I saw on LtU to have one
> process per bullet...

I actually came to the same conclusion.  One process is the simple
state machine.  One process is the master that handles incoming
events.  For some state switches, the master tears down the old state
machine process and creates a new one.

I still think that writing a DSL for the state machine handling is the
way to go.  It makes the code a lot less sensitive to small changes.

(On the flipside, it also makes sense to not use processes at all for
simple objects, especially as game objects tend to advance in
lock-step fashion.)