[erlang-questions] R11B-2 SMP + HiPE: not loading native code

Eranga Udesh casper2000a@REDACTED
Fri Apr 6 14:15:09 CEST 2007

Use command as,
	"erlc -smp +native test.erl"

It'll compile your code using SMP BEAM.

- Eranga

-----Original Message-----
From: erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED
[mailto:erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED] On Behalf Of Serge Aleynikov
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2007 6:40 AM
To: Kostis Sagonas
Cc: Dmitriy Kargapolov; erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] R11B-2 SMP + HiPE: not loading native code

Is there any way to hint erlc (via command line) to use SMP-enabled beam?

I was only able to do it like this:

$ export ERLC_EMULATOR="erl -smp"
$ erlc +native test.erl

whereas "erlc +smp +native test.erl" doesn't use the SMP BEAM.

Serge

Kostis Sagonas wrote:
> Dmitriy Kargapolov wrote:
>> Hi,
>> When loading natively compiled code (+native) in R11B-2 emulator running
>> in SMP mode (-smp) I'm getting the following warning:
>>
>> =INFO REPORT==== 3-Jan-2007::18:53:24 ===
>> <HiPE (v 3.6.0)> Warning: not loading native code for module test: it
>> was compiled for an incompatible runtime system
>>
>> Does this mean HiPE and SMP could not be used together?
>
> It simply means that, unlike BEAM code, there is a dependency between
> the native code  generated using some runtime system and the runtime
> system on which the code is actually run.
>
> Put differently, it just means that you have to re-generate the native
> code using the SMP-enabled system, not generate it using the "standard"
> one and then try to use it in the SMP one.
>
> Kostis

Serge Aleynikov
Routing R&D, IDT Telecom
Tel: +1 (973) 438-3436