[erlang-questions] Was Re: Bug ?! now Erlang comment (LONG LONG)

Jani Hakala <>
Fri Oct 20 08:49:32 CEST 2006

"James Hague" <> writes:

> On 10/19/06, Michael Leonhard <> wrote:
>> How about forking the language and redesigning it to fix the problems?
> There's the language and then there's the libraries.  The libraries,
> IMO, have a lot more warts in them than the language.  I've posted
> about some of these before, and so have other people. There's basic
> stuff like lists:keysearch pointlessly wrapping the result in a
> tuple,
Is it pointless? At least it's easy to do something like
   {value, Tuple} = lists:keysearch(Key, N, TupleList)
in one line if the alternative result (false) means that something is
really wrong in the code or input data.

Jani Hakala