[erlang-questions] Compiling Erlang in Kubuntu 6.0.6

Mikael Pettersson mikpe@REDACTED
Wed Nov 22 23:03:08 CET 2006

Kirill Zaborski writes:
 > I'm a Linux newbie (at last I have installed it :) ) and now I'm trying to
 > install Erlang on my Kubunttu. There were some problems with packages but
 > I've solved them. Right now I can not  run make, it says:
 > hipe/hipe_mkliterals.c:351: error: 'X86_LEAF_WORDS' undeclared here (not in
 > a function)
 > hipe/hipe_mkliterals.c:352: error: 'X86_NR_ARG_REGS' undeclared here (not in
 > a function)
 > There is just 1 link in Google about this issue and it says that I need to
 > disable HiPE with ./configure --disable-hipe. I've tried this but I get the
 > same error.
 > I'm stuck :(
 > Maybe I miss something else?

Post a build log from a freshly unpacked OTP R11B-2 tar ball,
complete with the initial ./configure command and the subsequent
make command.

The errors could be caused by 'm4' failures earlier in the build.