[erlang-questions] Start me up.

Romain Lenglet rlenglet@REDACTED
Fri Nov 17 13:33:33 CET 2006

Pupeno wrote:
> With all this config [1] it makes sense when one installs on
> /usr/local (it uses /usr/local/etc, /usr/local/var,
> /usr/local/bin) but when installing on /usr it doesn't make
> much sense because it uses /usr/etc, /usr/var [2]. Is this ok
> ? is this a correct default ?

Yes, it is the correct default.
If one is installing in the top directories, e.g. one creates a
Debian package, it seems to be considered a special case.
You should do nothing special in your configure.ac or
Makefile.am, to take that special case into account.

Users/packagers must call configure like that:

./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var

As you noted, this problem concerns only the sysconfdir and
localstatedir variables. I just checked in the Autoconf
implementation that no other variable is concerned.

Regards,

--
Romain LENGLET