node not getting created

jaiswal.vikash@REDACTED jaiswal.vikash@REDACTED
Tue Mar 7 13:26:50 CET 2006

 Hello ,

     I'm facing a problem with epmd process . From one process when I'm
spawning a second process , most of the time the second process is
getting spawned . But in some occassions the Second process is not
getting spawned at all . I am not able to establish any connection with
the node of the second process . At this point I'm getting an error
PORT2_RESP(error) for second process ( This I can see by running the
epmd process in debug mode ) . Now if I kill the epmd process and reboot
the system the problem gets solved .
    I would like to know why the error comes up and why does it come up
only once in a while ? Also , is there any solution other than killing
the epmd process and rebooting the system ?

Thanks and regards ,
Vikash Kr. Jaiswal

www.wipro.com