node not getting created

chandru chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Tue Mar 7 14:20:11 CET 2006

Hi,

On 07/03/06, jaiswal.vikash@REDACTED <jaiswal.vikash@REDACTED> wrote:

>  Hello ,
>
>      I'm facing a problem with epmd process . From one process when I'm
> spawning a second process , most of the time the second process is getting
> spawned . But in some occassions the Second process is not getting spawned
> at all . I am not able to establish any connection with the node of the
> second process . At this point I'm getting an error  PORT2_RESP(error) for
> second process ( This I can see by running the epmd process in debug mode )
> . Now if I kill the epmd process and reboot the system the problem gets
> solved .
>     I would like to know why the error comes up and why does it come up only
> once in a while ? Also , is there any solution other than killing the epmd
> process and rebooting the system ?

It isn't quite clear what your problem is. epmd is only concerned with
nodes which are started with a name. It enables distribution by acting
as a "name server". When you say, you are spawning a second process do
you really mean an erlang process or are you spawning another erlang
node? Try rephrasing your problem.

cheers
Chandru