Web pages using a simple tuple store [was : RE: template engine]

Chris Double chris.double@REDACTED
Thu Jun 15 06:15:44 CEST 2006

On 6/15/06, Mickael Remond <mickael.remond@REDACTED> wrote:
> I agree.
> A realtime wiki project is currently under development in the Google
> summer of code context:
> http://wiki.jabber.org/index.php/Real-time_wiki

That looks very cool! I'm very interested in the result. On the page
it mentions:

"...but I made a message passing interface between windows I call
Portal Cookies (reminds me of Erlang, anyone willing to implement
Erlang in JavaScript?)"

This is something that has interested me. Being able to send and
receive messages from a browser to erlang. I got sending messages from
Erlang to the browser working and posted about that before. But having
a more Erlang like client side library would be neat. I played around
with lightweight threads and message passing in Javascript with an
example here:

http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz/2006/06/more-concurrency-in-narrative.html

This allowed creating lightweight processes in Javascript and send and
receiving messages between them. It uses a pre-processor called
'Narrative Javascript' that compiles the javascript code into CPS
form. You can then capture the continuations - I built a lightweight
thread scheduler around that.

I haven't got much further but I think some neat things could be done
with lightweight processes in the browser.

Chris.
--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz